Chicken Alfredo and Rice Casserole
I got this recipe off of the better homes and gardens website. Kyle made this for me on a Tuesday night. He said the directions seem easy but it did take a while to make. Ours came out a little dry, so I may buy the larger sized alfredo sauce instead. All in all really yummy though!
- 1 10-oz. container refrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups cooked white rice or wild rice ( I used white)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup chopped bottled roasted red sweet peppers (optional, I did NOT use these)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional) (we used whole almonds, and did not toast them)
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh basil or 1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs (made ours from read bread)
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl combine pasta sauce and milk. Stir in rice, chicken, peas, sweet peppers, nuts, and basil. Transfer to 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
2. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover and stir. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle atop. Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes more or until heated through and crumbs are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4.
Kyle said the leftovers were great! Try it out.