Tzaziki Sauce made its first appearance into my life at a restaurant here in Logan, UT called the PITA PIT. mmmmm. As a mayonnaise/miracle whip HATER this was a great alternative! I make it to include in Chicken Salad sandwiches as a mayo alternative.
What is it? Tzaziki Definition
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt (I used Dannon brand)
- 1 cup diced and peeled seedless cucumber (regular cucumber, seeded and peeled, ok)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill, or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Makes about 3 cups
*Note-Serve with vegetables, pita bread, crackers, or make delicious chicken salad sandwiches. Will keep in the refrigerator 2-3 days. Stir before serving.
**recipe originated on twopeasandtheirpod.com**